gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] File extension of test cases

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] File extension of test cases
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 19:03:23 +0200

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 07:40:17PM +0530, Rishabh Yadav wrote:
> The test cases files located in tests/ directory of gnucap-uf-0.0.0-rc4
> have extension like .gc and .ref.What do they mean?

Hi Rishabh.

in gnucap-uf, there are various sorts of tests. all of them should be
executed by "make check". most of them are of the kind 'compare
something gnucap produces with a reference'. here i chose '.gc' as
extension for gnucap scripts, and '.ref' as extension for the reference
files.

(actually, it doesnt matter much how the checks are implemented or how
extensions eventually look like. its more important to me that 'make
check' fails if something is wrong.)

it would probably be clever to not mess with the check target like i
did, but have autotools take care of everything [1]. i'd be happy to
know how this could be worked out...

regards
felix

[1] www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Tests.html