Re: [open-cobol-list] MiniListing already (full) implemented ? TODO or

From: Keisuke Nishida
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] MiniListing already (full) implemented ? TODO or NEWS (STATUS?)
Date: Sun Mar 7 15:07:09 2004

At Fri, 5 Mar 2004 15:36:42 +0100,
Thomas Biehler wrote:

> But with the maintaned TODO  / NEWS  files, good cvs commit messages
> and the improved testsuite (perhaps with realizing only_requested_feature.at
> and in_working_feature.at) it improves more and more!
> (Perhaps a tool for evaluate cvs-log is here also TODO !?)

I prefer to write the ChangeLog file by hand.  I'll start it again.

> You are the project admin and can / shall !!! request for help!
> Perhaps you should give prioritys!
> (What do you want or plan to do ?)

I am currently rewriting the compiler internals for intrinsic
functions and for better error checking.  I'd like to spend my time
in coding more than the administration work until I can finish
writing more robust compiler internals.  (There are too much
compiler abort now!)

> The only solution that i see is:
> - make it good and easy for users (=support!),
> - show what the project can (already) do, (good marketing!)
> - make stable,  powerfull releases!  (--> low priority thinks later!)
>    (Everbody loves a good release strategy!)
> - show that the project is active !
> (--> Important step to reach  new users / contributors /developers
>      They must trust to the project before they investe time!)

I agree.  Give me more time :)

Keisuke