RE: [open-cobol-list] Object Cobol ANSI 2002

From: Bill Klein
Subject: RE: [open-cobol-list] Object Cobol ANSI 2002
Date: Mon Jan 16 14:20:07 2006

Stephen,
  Personally, given the fact that no existing commercial COBOL product has
had sufficient "user demand" to implement a fully conforming 2002 OO COBOL
feature, I question how much "real world" demand there is for it in OC.

It is worth noting that several implementations of OO COBOL do exist, just
none that fully conform to the '02 Standard.  (Micro Focus is probably
closest, but they still don't provide "common exception handling" which is a
pre-requisite for fully conforming OO COBOL).