[open-cobol-list] Re :static cob 2 c: Knowing the number of params?

From: Roger While
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Re :static cob 2 c: Knowing the number of params?
Date: Thu May 18 07:33:09 2006

Firstly, grab the CVS snapshot tarball (AKA prerelease) at
http://www.sim-basis.de/open-cobol-0.33.tar.gz

(That's if you have not already done so)
This has an enormous amount of changes over 0.32

Sure you can get access to the number of call params.
In your C code do a
#include <libcob.h>

The number of call params is then available in a
field called "cob_call_params" (Auto imported from libcob).

As an extension, OC also has an internal field named
NUMBER-OF-CALL-PARAMETERS for use in Cobol progs.

You can not get the field type as the normal call-by-reference only
passes a pointer to the data area. (This is also what MF does)

Roger

I am new to OpenCobol, and I am looking at it co convert a MF application
(large, about 700 programs).

I just downloaded the source today, and was able to compile some small
programs, and call C routines from OC; OC seems really impressive!

My problem is that MF, using the old C interface (ugetput.h, usercall.c,
callargc, callargv[]...) allows for passing a variable number of parameters
to C. Is there a way to know how many parameters a C function receives (and
if possible their type...) ?