Re: [open-cobol-list] CVS Update 20061015

From: Robert Sherry
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] CVS Update 20061015
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 12:14:20 -0400

   I down loaded and built the latest release of the Open Source COBOL
Compiler. I would expect the following program to compile:

       IDENTIFICATION   DIVISION.
       PROGRAM-ID.      prog.
       DATA             DIVISION.
       WORKING-STORAGE  SECTION.
       01 G.
         02 X           PIC X OCCURS 4 TO 6 TIMES DEPENDING ON N.
       01 N             PIC 9 VALUE 4.
       PROCEDURE        DIVISION.
           DISPLAY X(3).
           STOP RUN.

However, I get a compile time error stating that the subscript for X is
wrong.

Bob Sherry