Re: [open-cobol-list] Hybrid Editor XE(Was: Anybody use emacs to code CO

From: Duke Normandin
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Hybrid Editor XE(Was: Anybody use emacs to code COBOL?)
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 12:10:45 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, Kevin Monceaux wrote:

[snip]

> Actually, above I was referring to Hybrid Editor XE.  David described
> it as a full ISPF environment for Linux.  While it does have a menu
> with a few options similar to ISPF it's definitely not a full ISPF
> environment.

So do you prefer it to the THE editor? I guess what I need to know is
which one would more COBOL-friendly? I've never laid eyes on either of
them.

> > My exact problem! I want to run it on a terminal, using `curses'. I'll
> > have to fool around with the "configure" options.
>
> After installing all the gnome devel libs it wanted I was able to get
> it to compile and build both the curses and gui versions.  It's the
> curses version I want.  Unfortunately the curses executable is linked
> against all the unneeded gnome libs, so I can't remove them without
> breaking it.

Shoot! this &^*$#@ OS X box is choking when installing some of the
"gnome" dependencies. I got to fix _that_ before moving on. Maybe I
should go fishing instead....  ;))
--
duke