Re: [open-cobol-list] Hybrid Editor XE(Was: Anybody use emacs to code CO

From: David Essex
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Hybrid Editor XE(Was: Anybody use emacs to code COBOL?)
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 14:20:40 -0400

Kevin Monceaux wrote:
Duke Normandin wrote:
You're referring to THE I'm supposing, and not the "full ISPF
environment"?

Actually, above I was referring to Hybrid Editor XE.  David described
it as a full ISPF environment for Linux.  While it does have a menu
with a few options similar to ISPF it's definitely not a full ISPF
environment.

Sorry guys, it's been a while since I looked at this web site.
And I don't recall anything about a 'Hybrid Editor'.

My exact problem! I want to run it on a terminal, using `curses'. I'll
have to fool around with the "configure" options.
After installing all the gnome devel libs it wanted I was able to get
it to compile and build both the curses and gui versions.  It's the
curses version I want.  Unfortunately the curses executable is linked
against all the unneeded gnome libs, so I can't remove them without
breaking it.

It's probably a pseudo-terminal using the GNOME libraries.
Much like 'gnome-terminal.

And the thing about GNOME, if you use one library, the default link will
include all libraries.

The 'The Hessling Editor' has less overhead.
At least it did, last time I built the editor.