[open-cobol-list] Posible difference in the precision of COMPUTE stateme

From: Wolfgang Westphal
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Posible difference in the precision of COMPUTE statements between OPEN COBOL 1.1 and mainframe COBOL
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 18:27:04 +0100

Hello,

The following example gives different results in OPEN COBOL 1.1 and
mainframe COBOL:

01  RESULT-1 PIC 9(6).99.
    COMPUTE RESULT-1 ROUNDED = 46956.93 / 24 + 5308.00 / 24
    DISPLAY RESULT-1

OPEN COBOL displays 002177.71
mainframe displays  002177.70

Do I make any mistake?
Could there be a fault in my installation?
Is this normal behaviour of OPEN COBOL?
Is there a posibility of forcing specific precision?

I am using OPEN COBOL 1.1 with WINDOWS XP.
For the installation I used a MINGW environment.

Regards
Wolfgang