Re: [open-cobol-list] X86_64 branch ?

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] X86_64 branch ?
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 14:58:43 -0500

Hi Ron

It's nice to hear the vote of confidence for Roger's work.

I do want to mention that what I am suggesting is only to complement the main trunk and not to replace it. A simpler, developed-in-parallel, approachable compiler would also make an easier target for documentation writers who could then make it even more approachable.

Again the code base is quite small. I have version 1.1 printed actually.

-Patrick