Re: [open-cobol-list] OCESQL Questions

From: Kazuyoshi Tanaka
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] OCESQL Questions
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 22:25:43 +0900

Hello,

Regarding linkage problem.

I saw a similar case  with configure --prefix=/usr on CentOS 64-bit.
It results to put libocesql.so in /usr/lib, though the directory is not included in default runtime library load path.
For workaround, "configure --libdir=/usr/lib64" worked for me.

I hope it could be useful.

Kazuyoshi Tanaka

Fellow COBOL Fans,

I've been meaning to give OCESQL a try ever since I heard of it.  I'm not
sure while it's taken me so long to get around to it.  I have a couple of
questions.

First, the README says to build programs using

    cobc -locesql ...

After doing that running ldd against the resulting executable doesn't show
that it's linked to libocesql, and when trying to run it I get a "libcob:
Cannot find module 'OCESQLConnect'" error.  I am able to run the program by
setting LD_PRELOAD to /usr/lib/libocesql.so.  How to I get cobc to link the
executable to libocesql?

Second, does anyone know how to handle unlimited VARCHAR and/or TEXT
PostgreSQL data types in COBOL?

At the moment I'm testing it with:

    opensource COBOL 1.3J
    OSS Consortium's patched version of OpenCOBOL1.1(Feb.06 2009)

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.