gnue

Re: was: [gnue-discuss] Overview Text Versiion 3.0

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: was: [gnue-discuss] Overview Text Versiion 3.0
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 22:32:13 +0100

Peter Sullivan wrote:
"GNU Enterprise is really two projects in one: 1) A complete architecture for implementing business applications, and
2) A set of applications that implement business applications"

This is the way I see it, too.

I did consider another category of applications - "unfriendly" applications, which were written using GNUe Tools, but *not* released under GPL or equivalent. But presumably this would be in violation of the GPL on GNUe Tools anyway?

IIRC we talked about "friendly" and "unfriendly" not regarding license, but having sorta "stamp of approval" wrt installation procedure, compatibilty to other applications, coding standards, portability etc. etc.

--
Reinhard Mueller
GNU Enterprise project