gnue

Fw: RE: Installation

From: Jason Cater
Subject: Fw: RE: Installation
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:15:44 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:26:20 -0400
From: "John Marciano" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Subject: RE: Installation

Hi.  Thanks, for the tip.  I am still pretty thoroughly baffled.  Let me
explain my background...I am a mechanical engineer by degree - I am
pretty
well versed in using Linux, but not even close to being able to code.  I
work for a small and rapidly growing specialty manufacturer and we
desperately need an ERP-type system.  I am well versed in the theory and
application of ERP, but not their creation (I am not a programmer).
Commonly, most entry level systems are over-priced, under-capable and
generally suck.  In the open source arena I have found Compiere (which
isn't
really open source), Kontor (technically not truly open source) and
GNUe.  I
couldn't even begin to get Kontor running, I have Compiere running, but
have
found the interface to be clumsy and confusing - especially for people
who
have never used an ERP system before.  I like the screen shots of GNUe,
but
I haven't found much in the way of documentation, in terms of setting up
and
using it with Postgres.  How far off is such documentation?  If I could
figure out how to get this thing running, I would be glad to contribute,
but
I know absolutely nothing about Postgres!  Thanks.