gnue

Re: GNUe first impressions + newbie questions

From: Jason Cater
Subject: Re: GNUe first impressions + newbie questions
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:31:23 -0500

Greetings Alesandro.

Thanks for the compliments! We aim to please.

In regards to your questions:

1. Prior to 0.3.0, all our executables had names such as gfclient,
gfdesigner, etc. As our toolkit grew, those names were getting
confusing. To be consistent, we renamed our tools to gnue-forms,
gnue-designer, gnue-reports, etc. Any references to gfclient should in
fact be gnue-forms.

2. "psycopg" is currently our preferred library to talk with PostgreSQL.
Pypgsql and Pygresql are two other libraries. Psycopg can be downloaded
from:

  http://initd.org/software/psycopg

3. The HTML client is really early in development.  It is not usable at
the moment.

I hope this helps.  Also, expect a 0.4.0 release here in the next week
or two. We are in the prerelease stages at the moment.

Jason Cater
GNUe