gnue

Re: Who uses GNUe?

From: Jason Cater
Subject: Re: Who uses GNUe?
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:44:43 -0500

I'll start off the list.

For type #1:

I am working on a GPL'd rental property management app called RentFree.
plan to do a website at:

    http://www.gnuenterprise.org/~jcater/rentfree/

but until then, cvs snapshots are at

    http://www.gnuenterprise.org/~jcater/snapshots/rentfree/

It's really early in the development process, so it's not in a usable
state yet.  But, code does exist.

For type #2, I have 3 things:

I use it at NCS for our new in-house development in place of Oracle
SQL-Forms. Eventually, we plan to get all our old apps converted over
(at which point we will also switch to SAP-DB.) It is in production use
here. Once the GNUe financial packages are usable, we will also switch
from Great Plains to GNUe Financials.

A second company I work for, Cambridge Marketing, is also rewriting
their call center's software using GNUe tools. This has not gone into
production use yet.

My wife's "Off the Shelf" Bookstore in Olive Branch, MS, (a used book
store) is using the GNUe tools for its backoffice operations --
currently using custom packages. If I can get a decently usable system,
we will probably release this bookstore package under the GPL, in which
case this can be moved to type #1 :)

-- Jason