gnue

Re: Interested in GNUe with doubts

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: Interested in GNUe with doubts
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 14:48:19 +0200

Dear Mat,

Am Montag, den 11.04.2011, 18:39 +0200 schrieb address@hidden:
> I hoped designer was working, but no, so I'll study how to do it
> without designer.

There is some work going into designer currently, but it might take some
time until it becomes usable again.

> I'd like to know if this should be the right tool, I mean (except if
> I'll be able to learn) if I can use it to build an
> invocing/contact/items database in working environment.

Certainly.

> I also have a problem, I have tables filled with a lot of data (some
> are more than 4000 lines), but for what I read until now I didn't
> understand how to import tables with GNUe.

Provided the database design is somewhat sane, GNUe can - at least in
2-tier mode, which I would recommend for a single user application -
work on an existing database. You just have to set up a connection to
the database (with connections.conf/backends.conf, depending on your
version) and address the right tables and columns in your GFD.

Thanks,
Reinhard