gnue

Re: Interested in GNUe with doubts

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Interested in GNUe with doubts
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 23:24:00 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Reinhard,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The database is not sane: it's a custom one which use .dbf tables and the
schema is hidden in binary code (on a win xp system), and cause it has 265
tables, but only 15 contain data, it seems more logic to correct extracted
tables and create a new schema.

My idea is: write down the new schema, rearrange the tables and export them
(without header) in .csv. Then create the new sqlite3 database with GNUe using
the new schema and finally open the newly created database in console with
sqlite3 and .import the content of .csv tables (the data) inside the the tables
created by GNUe. Sqlite3 don't have any problem to import .csv files (just did
it) but I don't know if GNUe should have problem to use a such modified
database. I'm just at the beginning, and have to study a lot.

Thanks again for your time,

Mat