Re: [gnugo-devel] Regression cleanup

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Regression cleanup
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 22:26:48 +0200

Trevor wrote:
> Before I delve deeper into the test case cleanup, I'd like folks
> opinion of the approach I'm taking:
>  - Keep all reference comments in the *.tst files themselves as
>    comments, instead of in separate files like STRATEGY, etc.

Good change.

>  - Begin using a standard notation to prioritize and categorize
>    the test cases.  Notably, CATEGORY, DESCRIPTION, and SEVERITY
>    fields.  See the patch below for examples.

I don't have any problem with these, but I'm not convinced that
CATEGORY is very useful in practice. Fairly often there are several
things involved which may also vary with time (i.e. when things change
in the engine). Thus it may be hard to keep that information complete
or up to date.

/Gunnar