RE: [gnugo-devel] Bug in owl code in 3.1.10

From: Gaertner, Greg
Subject: RE: [gnugo-devel] Bug in owl code in 3.1.10
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 15:01:45 -0400

Further experimentation seems to indicate that --enable-dfa is the
culprit.
   When I configure using --enable-dfa  I get
D5 cannot be attacked (160 variations)
D5 can be defended at j5 (32 variations)

If I build not using DFA I get the same thing as Dan got below. ie
D5 can be attacked at C8 (4 variations)
D5 cannot be defended (4 variations)

with  gnugo --quiet -l 3110bug.sgf -L63 --decide-dragon D5

        The reason I said the scoring was messed up is that the
estimated score
is  also to be based on the notion that this group was alive.  I don't
think
its a separate problem.

Greg Gaertner
Benchmark Performance Engineering