[gnugo-devel] Re: MINGW bug

From: Denis Dupeyron
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Re: MINGW bug
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 23:08:19 +0200

Teun,

Since I played a bit with cygwin these past few days, tonight I reinstalled it from scratch. I didn’t install glib, since even though it is supposed to build right out of the box, it doesn’t out of mine and I could never figure out what I do wrong (in case you like challenges, you can always try to explain me). Then I did as usual, which is update from CVS and build using:

CFLAGS=-mno-cygwin ./configure

make

Until version 3.1.10 it used to be always OK, but here’s what I got:

gg_utils.c:59: curses.h: No such file or directory

gg_utils.c:68: ncurses/term.h: No such file or directory

gg_utils.c:84: sys/times.h: No such file or directory

After a ‘make distclean’, I try like you said with:

env CC='gcc -mno-cygwin' ./configure

make -r > mgw.log 2>&1 &

And it works. I don’t mind changing old habits, although at my age it’s always a pain, but I have 2 questions. Is my old way of building GNU Go incorrect? And what is the difference?

Thanks in advance,

Denis.