Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: MINGW bug

From: Teun Burgers
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: MINGW bug
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 17:45:25 +0200

Denis wrote:

> Then I did as usual, which is update from CVS and build using:
>
> CFLAGS=-mno-cygwin ./configure
> make
>
> Until version 3.1.10 it used to be always OK, but here’s what I got:
> gg_utils.c:59: curses.h: No such file or directory
> gg_utils.c:68: ncurses/term.h: No such file or directory
> gg_utils.c:84: sys/times.h: No such file or directory
>
> After a ‘make distclean’, I try like you said with:
>
> env CC='gcc -mno-cygwin' ./configure
> make -r > mgw.log 2>&1 &

> And it works. I don’t mind changing old habits, although at my age it’s
> always a pain,

I'll try to get rid of the habit of putting env for the environment
setting.
I just turned 40. How old are you?

> but I have 2 questions.

1) Is my old way of building GNU Go incorrect?

yes

2) And what is the difference?

CFLAGS is ignored during configuring. So you were configuring for cygwin
and building for mingw. If you put the -mno-cygwin in CC you are
configuring
for mingw.

Teun