Re: [gnugo-devel] Tests inside SGF files

From: Tristan Cazenave
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Tests inside SGF files
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 00:05:29 +0100

> My suggestion is that you write a script which converts a game record
> annotated with test cases to the *.tst format. That may give you a
> comfortable way to produce test cases.

I have written something similar in C to convert my tests (it is quite
specific and not pretty, but it does the work...).
I can provide it if you are interested...
(Anders Kierulf, Thomas Wolf, David Fotland and M. Mueller all use
tests inside the sgf file, so improving a converter may also help
them sending regression tests in .tst format).

Personally, I find the .tst format convenient.

btw, I have many sgf problems, including Cho's one, but I do
not have the corresponding .tst files.

It would be interesting to automatically build the .tst files
for these thousands of problems, and test gnugo and golois
on them...

Tristan.