Re: [gnugo-devel] fast liberties & patterns anchored in goal

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] fast liberties & patterns anchored in goal
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 11:44:19 -0500

At 08:28 AM 2/7/2002 -0800, you wrote:

>Trevor wrote:
>
>> I'm inclined to undefine NDEBUG for all VC builds (VC has 2 build
>> types Debug & Release).  Would it be appropriate to add it to
>> config.h, in case someone wanted to define it and cause themselves
>> heartburn like I've just been through?
>
>Do you mean config.vc ?
>
>Since config.h is an automatically built file it shouldn't be
>edited by hand. Rather you edit configure.in and then run
>autoheader and autoconf.

Actually, I meant "the eventually created config.h", rather that
would be via config.in or config.vcin, etc.  The idea I had was
to add a line like "#undef NDEBUG" in config.in that could be
changed (via a configure option) to "#define NDEBUG".

>NDEBUG has never been defined in any version of GNU Go we've
>distributed. We agree you should be compiling with the
>asserts turned on and the question is how to accomplish that.

I believe that the easiest way to accomplish this is to remove
the NDEBUG defines from the VC builds files (.dsp), which I will
do and include in a future patch.  If anyone wants to turn them
back on, they can do in config.vcin.

-Trevor