Re: [gnugo-devel] fast liberties & patterns anchored in goal

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] fast liberties & patterns anchored in goal
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 08:44:47 -0800

> Actually, I meant "the eventually created config.h", rather that
> would be via config.in or config.vcin, etc.  The idea I had was
> to add a line like "#undef NDEBUG" in config.in that could be
> changed (via a configure option) to "#define NDEBUG".

There is no config.in.

The file config.h.in is also an automatically built file,
built by autoheader from configure.in.

Here's a diagram from the autoconf doc. Note that our
configure.ac is called configure.in.

Files used in preparing a software package for distribution:
     your source files --> [autoscan*] --> [configure.scan] --> configure.ac

     configure.ac --.
                    |   .------> autoconf* -----> configure
     [aclocal.m4] --+---+
                    |   `-----> [autoheader*] --> [config.h.in]
     [acsite.m4] ---'

     Makefile.in -------------------------------> Makefile.in

Files used in configuring a software package:
                            .-------------> [config.cache]
     configure* ------------+-------------> config.log

     [config.h.in] -.       v            .-> [config.h] -.
                    +--> config.status* -+               +--> make*
     Makefile.in ---'                    `-> Makefile ---'