Re: [gnugo-devel] GnuGo playing on WING

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GnuGo playing on WING
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 08:56:13 +0100 (CET)

Dear Shigeru Mabuchi,

thank for your telling about GNU Go on the WING Go server, it is nice to
see how many games the robots have played already.

I recently visited your server and noticed that GNU Go 3.1.24 playing as
robot3 has considerably lower ranking (about two and a half grade)
than GNU Go 3.1.19 playing as robot1 and robot2.

Of course we would like to know whether this is an indication of steps
backward in our GNU Go development. Are robot1/2 and robot3 running
on similar hardware, so that we can assume this difference in strength
is not due to time problems?

Regards,
Arend Bayer