[gnugo-devel] GnuGO vs HandTalk

From: Jessie Annala
Subject: [gnugo-devel] GnuGO vs HandTalk
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 16:05:56 -0800 (PST)

I have two boxes - 1.1G Athlon (Win98) and 800M Duron
(Suse 7.3)

I have GnuGO installed on the Duron and HandTalk 95.10
installed on the Athlon.

Last night for the heck of it - I decided to play a
game between the two programs. The only catch was the
machines are in different rooms of my house.

After 30 moves - I gave up - through exhaustion.
Tonight - I'll relocate the machines next to each
other and install the latest GnuGo patch - I'll report
back on the outcomes of the games.

I am newish to this forum - and I'm hoping to get more
involved with testing/benchmarking in the future.

I am a software engineering manager in the  IC CAD
field. C++, Java, Perl on UNIX. I have no inclination
right now to write code for GnuGo - but I am happy to
help out in auxiliary activities where I am needed
(test/doc/benchmark etc). I am a lapsed member of AGA
(9kyu in 1997) Not currently active in f2f Go.