[gnugo-devel] DFA matching in Gnugo

From: mike polyakov
Subject: [gnugo-devel] DFA matching in Gnugo
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 16:54:26 -0500

Hi,
I'm writing an evolution-based Go program whose main technique involves breeding patterns. In the process it needs to match a given subsection of the board to a list of predefined patterns. both are converted to strings, so it becomes a 1-d problem. The program is in C/C++.

I would like to use the DFA matcher in gnugo, but it seems considerably tied to the implementation of gnugo and it doesn't support adding/subtracting patterns w/o rebuilding the whole DFA, which should be possible at least in the simple cases. I was wondering if you had any DFA-generators/DFA matching code that would be more standalone and would allow simple addition of patterns to the DFA. Alternatively, I would also appreciate any additional documentation for the DFA matching in gnugo, as the main manual treats it rather lightly.

thanks a lot,
Mike