Re: [gnugo-devel] using debugboard

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] using debugboard
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 22:46:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Evan Berggren Daniel wrote:

> I can't seem to get it to open a sgf file.  The command I'm using is
> debugboard game1.sgf movenum, and all I get is a blank board with the tabs
> at the bottom.  game1.sgf is a valid sgf file of a game played to
> completion.
>
> Any suggestions?

I must admit I have never used debugboard, maybe Inge could tell you
more about it. You could also just use gtp. With
        loadsgf game1.sgf 75
you load the game.
        showboard
gives an ASCII view of the board.
        dragon_data F11
prints (almost) everything GNU Go can find out about the status of the
dragon at F11.
        owl_attack F11
will try to kill this dragon, and report the move to kill in case there
is an attack.

Arend