Persistent cache (was: RE: [gnugo-devel] Proposed owl_determine_l ife()

From: Portela Fernand
Subject: Persistent cache (was: RE: [gnugo-devel] Proposed owl_determine_l ife() improvement)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 12:24:18 +0100

I wrote:

> Ok, thanks Dan, I'm looking into it.

Well, I haven't got any result so far, mainly because I got side-
tracked by a more important issue, which I must report I think.

I was testing a variation of Dan's patch when I noticed following :
although I had tested under debugger that nngs3:230 was solved by my
patch, it still failed when run in the regression batch. When you look
at the 2 patches Dan sent, a couple noticeable things are the use of
owl escape values in the 2nd version and the nngs3:230 PASS
disappearance. My patch was also based on owl escape values.

I think this is also related to Dan's post a couple weeks ago :
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/gnugo-devel/2002-October/003157.html

Looking at the persistent cache code, it seems to me that a change in
the escape values within the active area can indeed get unnoticed in
some cases and consequently generate such discrepancies. IMHO, fixing
this is a quite high priority, but I have no clue how.

/nando