[gnugo-devel] RE: Persistent cache

From: Portela Fernand
Subject: [gnugo-devel] RE: Persistent cache
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 19:34:06 +0100

Dan wrote:

> I don't think (1) is a good idea because it would degrade
> performance

Agreed.

> and I'm not convinced this is really a problem in real game play.

Personally, I see a possible relation with a Gnu Go weakness, the groups
safety. Let's imagine that a dragon has been considered as not owl
attackable because it managed to escape in a majority (if not all) of the
tried variations. A couple moves later, it might be that these escape
routes have all been cut, but the engine still trusts the cache...

/nando