Re: [gnugo-devel] more bugfixes

From: Evan Berggren Daniel
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] more bugfixes
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 17:46:57 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, Arend Bayer wrote:

> Evan wrote:

> > > That is not a bug, it's just a failure to read the documentation.
> >
> > So it is.  The bug is in the combination code.  Patch below.
>
> This is not a bug in the combination code either. In the context below,
> (str) is always an attackable string, hence it can have at most 4
> liberties.
>
> Of course this assumption is no longer valid with attack5. _Then_ adjust
> the code below. (Btw, there might be numerous other places with similar
> assumptions in the code, so you should be a bit careful about that.)

That would explain why we hadn't seen it before...  I'll be sure to look
for any more of these before submitting attack5 patches.  Anyway, I think
it might be a good idea not to make assumtions like that in the code, but
since it's valid it doesn't seem very important here.

Sorry to bother people about all this

Evan Daniel