Re: [gnugo-devel] Metamachine's first game

From: Andrew Derrick Balsa
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Metamachine's first game
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:34:45 +0000

Dan,

Congratulations! I hope this makes it into Gnu Go 3.4 (with GTP, please).

On Tuesday 12 November 2002 21:31, address@hidden wrote:
[...]
> The metamachine plays different moves than GNU Go would,
> for example B:E4 was a joseki move and GNU Go would have
> played it earlier than it was played in the game. The
> metamachine is black. Unless the center dies, B is ahead
> at the end of the game.
[...]
It would certainly be interesting to have a 20-game match between GNU Go
with and without the metamachine, without time limits (and perhaps different
board sizes?). What was the CPU and  speed  when you tested it?

Regards,
--
Andrew D. Balsa
address@hidden