Re: [gnugo-devel] unused code

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] unused code
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:07:55 -0800

> life.c is completely dead. I have gradually prepared it for removal
> for a while. The next step is to edit it out of engine/Makefile.am and
> the corresponding windows file.

I can do this before 3.3.12.

> If we're sufficiently happy with --experimental-connections I can
> remove the code and patterns it made superfluous.

Perhaps we should wait a while, since it's not so easy to undo
such a change and after all the other code may be a little faster.

Maybe we should ponder where we are in the release cycle. My
sense is that the engine is stronger now but we haven't reached
a level of improvement that would make me eager to get 3.4 out
the door. We're doing well on NNGS, but less well in games
against 3.2.

So I see us in the middle stage of the release cycle.