Re: [gnugo-devel] more reading defense moves

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] more reading defense moves
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:18:41 +0100 (CET)

Gunnar wrote:

> I wrote:
> > Incidentally I have a snapback patch too, which has been lying around
> > for a while without time for evaluation. Feel free to merge it with
> > your patch as you like.
>
> If you wonder I have one more reading patch pending for the same
> reason, revising special_rescue6_moves().

And in case you wonder...this overlaps with the hane_rescue_moves()
part of my patch...

> + * It also adds the * move in these configurations:
> + *
> + * |.X.   |.c*
> + * |.OX   |abX
> + *
> + * |.X.   |.c*
> + * |.O.   |ab.
> + *
> + * Provided that * is not a self atari and that the X strings have
> + * sufficiently few liberties.

The lower case is a hane_rescue_move, except that my liberties checks
are a bit more specific. (And I don't require this to be at the edge,
and not a liberty at a either.)

The cross-cut case looks worth trying. Will probably have the same
problem that I ran into, namely that it cannot currently be enabled
beyong backfill2_depth, because the obvious follow up attack move
above c is only generated in this case.

Arend