Re: [gnugo-devel] Revision of inessentiality.

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Revision of inessentiality.
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 18:56:04 +0100

I wrote:
> I don't know what this patch does to the regressions but I'd say it's
> clearly correct and important in order to avoid abandoning monkey
> jumps.

One PASS and one FAIL. The pass is trevorc:940, which is not extremely
convincing, but the change is definitely for the better. The failure
is strategy:35, where almost everything goes wrong. The change caused
by this patch is good, but then there's a semeai mistake in the upper
left corner and a bogus blunder detected for most of the considered
moves.

/Gunnar