Re: [gnugo-devel] attack_either testcase

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] attack_either testcase
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 15:21:09 +0100 (CET)

Evan wrote:

> This is a new attack_either testcase.  It is from the constraint on CB328
> in nngs3:800, which should match but does not in current cvs.

Evan, this looks like another important improvement due to your patch
(I assume this passes with your patch?). However, in all cases I've
seen, the PASSes were caused by the revisions in attack_either. Maybe
you can try again whether we get a better speed/correctness trade-off
if you leave out the changes to defend_both?

[I've just merged this one and your endgame test cases.]

Arend

> +loadsgf games/nngs/Lazarus-gnugo-3.2-200205011927.sgf 86
> +trymove black G4
> +trymove white G3
> +103 attack_either E5 G3
> +#? [1]
> +104 attack_either G3 E5
> +#? [1]*
> +popgo
> +popgo

And in case someone wonders, yes, with attack_either as in CVS, the
order of E5 and G3 matters. (This should be solved by Evan's patch.)