RE: [gnugo-devel] Lack of files in CVS \gnugo\patterns\

From: Portela Fernand
Subject: RE: [gnugo-devel] Lack of files in CVS \gnugo\patterns\
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 23:26:04 +0100

Dan wrote:

> As far as I know, every file is treated the same regarding
> CR LF endings. If it is checked in with CR LF, when checked
> out it ends the same way. If one line ends with LF, it is
> the same when it is checked out.  If they are getting
> checked out as CR CR LF I think the cvs client is at fault.

I don't think so. I assume, somebody with an *nix system is getting the
files from Trevor with CR LF line endings. When this person checks them in,
CR and LF characters are kept unchanged, and they can be properly checked
out on a *nix system, because they also don't get converted in this
direction, since the target system don't need this. But, a conversion
occurs (as it should) when they're checked out from a Win32 platform.
I assume Trevor forced somehow his client to correct the problem, probably
by specifying somewhere that .ds[pw] files are binary, thus disabling the
LF -> CR LF conversion (which is normal on Win32 platforms), or he's using
a cvs client inside a *nix-like environment running on top of Win32.

/nando