[gnugo-devel] libboard and board.h

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: [gnugo-devel] libboard and board.h
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 10:11:28 +0200 (CEST)

The so-called board library is a separate layer independant of the
engine. It consists of the code of board.c, globals.c, hash.c,
printutils.c, sgffile.c, showbord.c.

At the moment, it is forced at link time that this remains separate
(otherwise, patterns/joseki doesn't link). What I suggest to do is to force
this at compile: Instead of including liberty.h, these files should
include a new header file board.h. This should declare all public
functions of these 5 files. liberty.h will then include board.h.

This should make these layers more transparent (I was pretty
confused when I stumble over the enforcement at link time). Also, if
someone wanted to use the board library in his own program, he would
have a clear-defined interface by including board.h.

Objections?

Arend