Re: [gnugo-devel] Gifu test suite.

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Gifu test suite.
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 12:34:14 -0700

> What is our standard for numbering testcases?  There seem to be at least 3
> different ones in use in different .tst files, which makes sense if things
> have changed, but we should probably pick one and stick to it (eg, both
> the 1, 2, 3, 101, 102, 103, 201... style and the 10, 20, 30, 40... style
> seem to be in use, with the 1, 2, 3, 4... style having gone away).
>
> Second, I started making some testcases, but it looks like you got to it
> first.  I've included the ones I wrote for the KCC game below; they should
> probably be reviewed by someone stronger.

One thing is I think it would be good if soon we started new
tests for post-3.4 so that we can start a sixth batch. The
fifth batch consists of most tests between 3.2 and 3.4, while
the first four batches are earlier. This gives us a rough idea
of how old tests are.

Trevor started us numbering tests with gaps between them. This
gives flexibility in interpolating tests between existing ones.