Re: [gnugo-devel] Gifu test suite.

From: SP LEE
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Gifu test suite.
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:55:01 -0700

> On Sun, 10 Aug 2003, Gunnar Farneback wrote:
>
> > Below follows a test suite with 41 tests from the Gifu games. Please
> > review and extend.
>
> What is our standard for numbering testcases?  There seem to be at
least 3
> different ones in use in different .tst files, which makes sense if
things
> have changed, but we should probably pick one and stick to it (eg,
both
> the 1, 2, 3, 101, 102, 103, 201... style and the 10, 20, 30, 40...
style
> seem to be in use, with the 1, 2, 3, 4... style having gone away).
>
> Second, I started making some testcases, but it looks like you got to
it
> first.  I've included the ones I wrote for the KCC game below; they
should
> probably be reviewed by someone stronger.
>
> Evan
>

> loadsgf games/cgf2003/GnuGo-KCC.sgf 7
> 10 reg_genmove black
> #? [R12|O16]
>
> loadsgf games/cgf2003/GnuGo-KCC.sgf 13
> 20 reg_genmove black
> #? [D10|C6]
>
> #not D2.
> loadsgf games/cgf2003/GnuGo-KCC.sgf 41
> 30 reg_genmove black
> #? [C8|F12|E12|O7|P7|P6]
>
> loadsgf games/cgf2003/GnuGo-KCC.sgf 69
> 40 reg_genmove black
> #? [O13]
>
> loadsgf games/cgf2003/GnuGo-KCC.sgf 75
> 50 reg_genmove black
> #? [J11]

Apparently, fuseki mistakes could directly result in a losing game. I
have made some comments of the test cases below.

Move 7: O16 is more standard approach, maybe better than R12
Move 13: Although D10 is often used, I think C6 is easier for gnugo.
move 41: This is the moment to determine the result of the game. Gnugo
has to attack the weak stones N7, G12 or H14. I think good moves are P7
and G13
move 69: Yes O13 is the only move
move 75: My feeling is J11 can't escape any more. The group might live
but the game is lost anyway.

There is a plenty of moment that gnugo played tenuki's and I would like
to add some additional test cases.

SP Lee

#Make moyo here is much better than the game move F14
#The important thing is O5 has some strategy effect on white
#while F14 has none (too far from white).
loadsgf games/cgf2003/GnuGo-KCC.sgf 27
21 reg_genmove black
#? [O5]

#The corner is worth 20 points