[gnugo-devel] Hoshi patch

From: SP LEE
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Hoshi patch
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 09:18:50 -0700

I see in the website that the patch evan 5.1.1 may not be used. Are we going to do anything to prevent the double jump? I just found in the nngs game http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gunnar/gnugo/nngs/games/gnugo-3.4-espnil-200308050459.sgf another eample of bad usage of the double jump. Although the group was alive, but it was chased badly by the opponent rather than giving any influence to the opponent. I think gnugo has to know how to use influence better, otherwise it doesn't make much sense to build influence using the double jump.

SP Lee