Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: GTP issue in GNU Go 3.5.5?

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: GTP issue in GNU Go 3.5.5?
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 02:56:42 +0200

Arend wrote:
> I distinctively remember that it was recommended for interactive
> programs.

Me too.

> But I double-checked
>
> > http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards_toc.html
> and did not find anything either, so it must have changed.

Me neither.

Another thing that may have changed is the instruction for --version:

--version
    This option should direct the program to print information about
    its name, version, origin and legal status, all on standard
    output, and then exit successfully. Other options and arguments
    should be ignored once this is seen, and the program should not
    perform its normal function.

GNU Go does not follow this; it only prints the name and version
number. Somehow it looks like the recommendations for interactive
programs have moved to the --version option.

/Gunnar