[gnugo-devel] OT : pike

From: David G Doshay
Subject: [gnugo-devel] OT : pike
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 14:43:46 -0800

I want to be able to use view.pike, so I downloaded Pike v7.6.50, the latest stable version.

The Makefile at the top level seems to do all the required make-config etc., magic, and properly identifies my system, clearly seen because of the generated file:

 build/darwin-8.3.0-power-macintosh/machine.h

However, the file assembly.o is generated from assembly.s, and because assembly.s is x86 machine code, the link fails.

The documentation for Pike v7.6.50 claims OS X support, but this seems to be a show stopper.

When the AutoMagic method did not work, I did what was in the README file, and everything still stops at exactly the same place, no linking because of the x86 based assembly.o file.

Have any of you needed to solve this problem?

Thanks,
David