[gnugo-devel] Re: [computer-go] Strange games on CGOS

From: Heiner Spies
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Re: [computer-go] Strange games on CGOS
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 10:14:22 +0200

Thank you Don for pointing me to the exact super ko moves
and - of cause - for CGOS!

> You said Game 334565 has several KO's in it.  But there were no KO
> violations allowed.  If so, where were they?

Sorry, wrong understanding by me. It had several simple ko's
at the same time. I thought the loss could have been due to that.

Super KO did'nt come to my mind because --positional-superko was
among the options given to GNU go. Seems not to affect a game
with --mirror ... strange ...

Perhaps I can find out if this is wanted behaviour of GNU Go.
I assume a bug since --mirror should (and in most cases does)
break out of mirroring instead of playing an illegal move.

>From here I suggest that technical GNU Go followups should go
to gnugo-devel only whereas more general musings would go only
to computer-go.

happy GO - ing
aquarius

--
german commercial - can savely be ignoredGMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall,
wo DSL verfügbar ist!