Re: [gnugo-devel] interested in helping GNU go

From: Chin-Chang Yang
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] interested in helping GNU go
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 20:12:24 +0800

Hi, Joe:

There is a task list at GNU GO Development page: http://www.gnu.org/s/gnugo/devel.html.
Please go to find some tasks that you can do :)

CCY.

2011/11/23 Joe Lee <address@hidden>
Hi.

I heard a lot of good things about the GNU Go program for a while now (maybe a couple of years?? wow!). Personally, I'm a 1 Dan go player and also an experienced programmer. I have also worked with AI algorithms as well as framework-based and engine-based projects. If anything, I could do some documentation, test for bugs and provide feedback, and do some coding contributions myself (after I become comfortable with the GNU Go framework). I would love to contribute to the project, especially because I enjoy Go and because I have an engineering/programming background.
*What do I need to do and prepare to get started? Thanks!

--Joe