Re: [gnugo-devel] My inquiry earlier today

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] My inquiry earlier today
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 23:40:28 +0100

On 01/23/2012 06:29 PM, Jan Simon wrote:
I've come to a more precise description of the bug: Whenever foreign
dead stones are within an area the whole area is not counted. My version
is gnugo 3.8, I've downloaded it from http://gnugo.baduk.org/ today. I
use the graphical interface Panda. My operating system is Windows XP.
Maybe this is of help for you. Please inform me how I can fix the bug or
send me a repaired version of the gnugo 3.8 binaries for Windows. Many
thanks

This is almost certainly a shortcoming of the interface rather than of GNU Go. Most likely it expects you to mark dead stones yourself somehow and doesn't even consult GNU Go on the score or the status of stones. It may or may not be possible to configure it to make use of GNU Go's scoring capabilities, that's beyond my knowledge.

Similar questions have been asked before, see e.g.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2005-11/msg00006.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2005-09/msg00002.html

and their replies.

/Gunnar