Re: CVS checkout trouble

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: CVS checkout trouble
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:34:40 +0100 (CET)

Victor Engmark wrote:
> >    cvs update/checkout -d  -P
> >
> > Use -P to be sure the renamed directories, which are now empty, are not
> > checked out from the CVS server to your PC, which maybe will raise the
> > error
> > again.
>
> -P only purges empty directories after checking out everything, so this
> doesn't work. To make it possible to check out in Windows, you'll have to
> remove the old directories from the repository. By renaming the directories
> instead of moving the files, you can also keep the CVS history. The only
> problem is that if anyone checks out an old version, the files will be in
> the wrong place.

I think I will need the help of Savannah administrators, due to we
have access to read the raw repository but not to modify it. I will take
into contact with them at the #savannah channel (Beuc or others) tonight.

It will be a lot easier for me if I just delete the odd directories.
Anyway I will try to keep the history too, but I think I will not manage to
keep it due to I have done changes on the new files. It would be a lot of
work set it in sync. You know.

Let me know any disagreement,
Davi