Re: Taking a second look to the site

From: GNU Herds work team
Subject: Re: Taking a second look to the site
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 08:52:56 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:
> The only
> specific problem I saw was the link to the "Linux" Documentation
> Project.

Is is OK. It has been deleted.

> What worries me is the mismatch between the goal of "controlled by its
> users" and "following the GNU Project's policies".  These two goals
> seem to be fundamentally at odds in spirit.  That doesn't mean there
> will be an actual conflict -- but what if there is one?

We could state that:
    "following the GNU Project's policies"
will have priority over:
    "controlled by its users"
but better, we can grant veto power to the Ethics Officer.

We will do what you want. We want to be part of The GNU project and move the
service to the FSF hosts.

> The Ethics Officer seems to be intended as a way of assuring there
> isn't a conflict, but the powers and role of the Ethics Officer are
> not clearly spelled out.

We will change it. We will state the Ethics Officer has veto power. Grant us
some time to modify site.

> I saw a discussion of how to do voting in the organization.  In an
> organization of this kind, votes are usually not secret, so voting can
> be done by ordinary email with no special software.

So, less work to us :)  We will not need to develop such system.

> Asking users to report any job offers that seem improper could be a
> good idea, but that request has to be written in a very delicate way!

You can take a look to one of the demo job offers. Under the subscription
button, you can read "Send comments to address@hidden"  Let
us know what you think must be changed. Maybe the email address?.

P.S.: We will reply the rest of emails later.

Regards,
The work team