Re: [GNU Herds]: Replacing the veto by the GNU approval suspension

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: [GNU Herds]: Replacing the veto by the GNU approval suspension
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 11:41:07 +0100 (CET)

Richard Stallman wrote:
> I think that can work, if you add something to ensure that any plan to
> depart from GNU requirements will lead to a discussion with the GNU
> Project.

I propose to send this final text to RMS. Let me know any disagreement.

The Ethics Officer will be appointed by the Free Software Foundation, Inc.
to ensure the below points:
  * The integrity of the GNU name is not breached.
  * The Association follows the Free Software philosophy.
  * The activities are operated in ways that do not
    lend themselves to be abused to the detriment of
    the Free Software philosophy.

Any plan to depart from the above GNU requirements will lead to a
discussion with the GNU Project.  Any conflict which can not be resolved
will raise the removal of the GNU Project approval, and so the GNU part of
the Association name.

All other officers will be elected by the membership.

Then we can update the website and translations.

About the license, I am not sure. Maybe it is good idea license it under
GPL v2 to get more support. Or license in under the GPL v3 draft and
update it with the final v3 version later.

Davi