Re: [GNU Herds]: French translator -- Fixing data base mistake

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: [GNU Herds]: French translator -- Fixing data base mistake
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:03:59 +0100

Camille Huot wrote:
> Davi Leal wrote:
> > I attach the Italian version with countries, currencies and languages
> > translated according to Wikipedia. Only the "Bhutani" language is empty.
> > Maybe some mistakes, but all the rest is 100% translated.
>
> I did a lookup for Bhutan, and it seems Bhutan people are speaking
> Dzongkha. Bhutan is the country, Dzongkha is the language (in English
> and in French).
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhutan

I have checked it additionally with:
  http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=dzo

So, it seems the GNU Herds data base is mistaken:
  INSERT INTO LL_Languages VALUES ( 'dz', 'Bhutani' );

The data base should say:
  INSERT INTO LL_Languages VALUES ( 'dz', 'Dzongkha' );

About the translation o such word, it seems it is the same for all languages:
    en, Dzongkha
    de, Dzongkha
    fr, Dzongkha
    it, Dzongkha
    es, Dzongkha
 Ref.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dzongkha_language

Camille, if you agree, replace in the French PO file:
  msgid "Bhutani"
  msgstr ""

with:
  msgid "Dzongkha"
  msgstr "Dzongkha"

and I will fix the mistake at the GNU Herds data base, and I will realize the
appropriate modifications at the Portuguese and Italian translation, setting
that entry as fuzzy.

P.S.: We are not in a hurry. The Spanish translation, which I maintain, has a
lot of these cases. We will improve it slowly but surely.

Davi