Tasks roadmap -- before contacting RMS again

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Tasks roadmap -- before contacting RMS again
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 14:58:51 +0200

I think the roadmap should be:

 I hope to commit (1) the next week. It is a basic feature.
 It would be great if we finish (2) before (2.1).
 We should take the (2.1) opportunity to realize (2.1.1) too.

(1) Feeds -- Job offers alerts
    https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6445

(2) re-use any forms to show error messages
    https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6540

(2.1) Avoid XSS attacks
      https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6679

(2.1.1) Trim white spaces before saving to the data base
        https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6395

* Rationale about cancelling the XHTML task and moving to HTML 4.01 Strict.
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuherds-app-dev/2007-03/msg00040.html

CVS
===

  * The cvs trunk is used to commit stable code, due to it
    is used by the production server at www.gnuherds.org

  * The xhtml branch was created to work on the Smarty templates

        Layer-0__Site_entry_point/templates/*.tpl

    to move to "XHTML 1.0 Strict". However I think such branch
    is now obsolete due to we have already done a lot of
    modifications to the *.tpl at the cvs trunk.

    David, Victor, I propose avoid to use the xhtml branch and
    follow the below steps, working at the cvs trunk, to carry out
    the "HTML 4.01 Strict" task, which of course can be postponed:

      Moving from "HTML 4.01 Transitional" to "HTML 4.01 Strict"

      Steps to carry out:

       (1) Strip out markup that is designed to be used for
           presentation and replace it with CSS. It is pretty
           trivial.

       (2) Avoiding tables for layout is somewhat more work,
           but can wait until after the codbase is moved to
           "HTML 4.01 Strict". That is to say, after realizing
           the point (1).

      Reference: https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/index.php?6177

As usual, flames are not only welcome but also needed!.
The project is not in a hurry.

Best regards,
Davi